Most cabinets don’t come with hardware, so it is up to you, the purchaser, to decide which knobs and pulls you;d like to choose for your kitchen. Here are some tips to help you make your decision.
1. Style – Stick with the theme of your kitchen cabinets whether they are contemporary, modern or country or antique. Choose hardware that is consistent with your design. Pay attention to curves or squared profiles on the edges of your cabinets.
2. Continuity – Hardware is made in a range of finishes such as brass, copper, nickel, chrome, bronze, and pewter. On top of those choices you can choose if they are brushed, satin or matte.
3. Knobs or Pulls? – Traditional/Country style kitchens more commonly have knobs with a more detailed or ornate cabinet. They may suit knobs better as they are smaller and simpler and don’t take away from the cabinet design. Pulls offer a more contemporary look with a shaker style door. Another school of thought is that people prefer knobs on all the doors and pulls for the drawers. Try your hand inside the pull before you purchase to see if it is comfortable and your hand fits well.
4. Colour – White cabinets can be paired with almost any colour hardware but browns can be a little trickier.
5. Appliances & Fixtures – You may want to consider what other finishes are in your kitchen. Mixing finishes can be trendy but can also clash if your not careful.
6. Quality – You use hardware repeatedly and daily, make sure you choose hardware that is strong and sturdy. You get what you pay for.
So before you buy, do your research, check out samples and finishes with your kitchen materials to get the perfect fit.
For more information or to request a quote call
Help us fulfill your dream for your kitchen
If you have any questions about our products, please do not hesitate to call or email us.
101 B 369 Oliver St, Williams Lake, BC V2G 1M4